Blog on Software Internet and Technology

Software, Internet and Technology Blog by Krish

Microsoft and Google Launches 3D Maps

Amazing to look at the way technology is growing. It’s growing faster in all direction and exploring the unexplored. For years together the map-makers have been digging harder to give us the best picture of the world. The latest addition to it is Microsoft Virtual Earth and Google earth. Both these giants have launched their latest 3D maps which will give you complete view of a location up and down as well as the left and right. I think this will really change the way we interact with our computer for which this maps should as real as possible and with high quality.

These 3D maps give you the flexibility to move through the environment and give the sense of looking at a real world.

Microsoft Virtual Earth is one of its kinds where textured look in the 3D is attained by using a photographic resolution of 4 inch while the pictures are taken. Microsoft has been sending aircraft to fly over the world's cities pictures rather than using satellite. They even bought up the Graz-based Austrian company which designed the unique camera system to make these 3D renditions. Looks like the company aims to photograph the last hide-out.

The other day I was looking at what else this giant is up to and for my surprise I found that you can even advertise within the 3D map like showing your corporate office with the banner, but this comes with a fee.

On Google they have blurred the sensitive areas like military bases, nuclear power station as a part of anti terrorism. Still I believe Microsoft and Google may have to go through lot of censorship and privacy issues which comes along with any new technology to keep going.

But still I think this will be a revolution in world of computers and will change lives.

Labels: , ,

posted by Krish @ 12:53 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Caplein

Web This Blog

About me

Krish
    I'm Krish From India .Surfing the net is something I like to do most of the time.Right now found out a place right here in the web to put down my thoughts and share them with you all.
    My profile

Archives



Previous Posts

Add to Technorati Favorites

Add to Google Subscribe with Bloglines Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes

Blogging Fusion